Monday, November 11, 2013

In a Free State, can we get away with anything?....


In a Free State, can one get away with anything?....because one is a well known author? In a Free State: A NovelReview of In a Free State: A Novel by V.S. Naipaul
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I read 'In a Free State' with a lot of expectations; Booker prize winning book from Nobel prize winning author!. I was in for a rude shock. Here is a book which lacked any story in the first place. It cannot get any more boring than this. Characters are thrown in without any introduction and referred to without rhyme or reason. The whole book lacks any purpose other than showing Afrikans in bad light.

I cannot help but give this book, the lowest possible rating.

I will think twice before reading another V S Naipaul book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home